This article describes 2 ways you can use to input data for your dataset.
Manually input data
- Click into a cell, a dropdown appears showing all values of the parameter. Those values are alphabetically sorted and first 10 of them are displayed by default. In case your parameter has more than 10 values, you will want to type some words into the cell to bring up more values to the dropdown and select.
- Click x icon in the begining of each row to remove it
While selecting data for each datarow, you can press Tab to move onto the next cell, press Up or Down Arrow to select value from the drop-down.
Automatically generate data
Our system supports 2 methods/algorithms to automatically generate data:
- Unique Values: Parameter values will not be repeated, no 2 rows will have the same parameter value.
- Unique Combinations: Each row in the data grid will contain a unique combination. Parameter values can be repeated, however, no 2 rows will have the same combination of data.
The number in green circle beside each method is maximum possible rows can be generated using that method. For example, in the screenshot, maximum combinations is 162. .
- If you type 200 (greater than 162) into the textbox and click Generate Data button, you will only get 162 rows
- If you type 150 (less than 162) into the textbox and click Generate Data button, you will get 150 rows
When number of possible combinations turns very large, system displays "k" for thousands, "m" for millions, "b" for billions.
For example: this following screenshots states that maximum number of possible combination is 9000