You will not be able to create or execute Test Runs if the associated parameters are not assigned to your qTest project in qTest Parameters.
In below cases, you will need your parameters to be automatically assigned to qTest projects so that your Test Runs are executable:
- Copy Test Cases or Test Steps from project P1 to project P2: if parameters in the source Test Case are not assigned to P2, you may not be able to create Test Runs from the destination Test Case in P2
- Create Test Runs in project P2 from a shared Test Case in project P1: if parameters in the Test Cases are not assigned to P2, the Test Runs may be unexecutable in P2
qTest provides these options under your project settings and they are enabled by default. If you disable these options, you will need to manually correct your parameters in qTest Parameters.
To access to Parameterization Settings:
- Click on the Gear icon on the top left corner
- Select Test Settings
- Under Parameterization Settings, you can change the feature's activation status and select these 2 options to Allow parameters from this project to be used in any destination project:
- For test cases copied from this project
- For test cases shared from this project
- The activation status is ON and the 2 options are selected by default. If you plan not to use parameters in your project, it is recommended to switch it off
- When the feature is disabled, you are not able to add parameters into your Test Cases, create Test Runs from Test Case versions with parameters, and select parameter values for your Test Runs