- Docker Host version 1.6+ has been installed on the machine where you are deploying qTest components. Ports 53 and 6783 on this machine need to be exposed if you are deploying with clustering model
- For CentOS 7.X+ or Ubuntu 14.04+ machines: Docker requires a 64-bit installation and your kernel must be at least 3.10
- Please follow these instructions to install Docker on your machine
- Docker Client has been installed. You will need to execute the deployment shell scripts in these instructions using the tool
- Docker Host is accessible using Docker Client
- Docker Host's configurations needs to satisfy qTest's recommended hardware requirements
- Important! Please make sure you have a JIRA administrator upgrade the qTest plugin for JIRA(the previous version is deprecated).
Before you begin
- Download qTest Docker Deployment version 3.0. This package supports the upgrade of qTest from version 7.7.3 qTest version 8.1.x
- If you are using qTest version which is older than 7.7.3, you will need to use qTest Docker Deployment version 2.2 to upgrade your qTest to 7.7.3 following this instruction. Then use qTest Docker Deployment version 3.0 to upgrade your qTest to 8.1.x
- If you are using non-Docker deployment and want to upgrade qTest with Docker, you will need to use qTest Docker Deployment version 2.2 to upgrade your qTest to 7.7.3 following this instruction. Then use qTest Docker Deployment version 3.0 to upgrade your qTest to 8.1.x
- Before starting the upgrade process, please make sure to backup your data. Please see these instructions
- If your qTest components were deployed on multiple Docker hosts, upgrade the one where MySQL was deployed first, and then repeat all steps with the other ones
- If qTest was previously deployed with load balancing model, it is required that you upgrade the Docker hosts in the same order as when you deployed them
- In case MySQL and PostgreSQL were deployed on different Docker hosts, when you upgrade the Docker host with MySQL, the other Docker host with Postgres needs to be running
- Access your Docker host through a user which was added to the Docker user group. This does not need to be the root user of Docker
- Given that qTest was configured in a directory named docker-deployment-2.2, access this directory and shut it down then create a backup:
$ cd docker-deployment-2.2
- After you have downloaded qTest Docker Deployment version 3.0, extract it using the command below. After this is extracted, access to docker-deployment-3.0
$ wget https://qtest-storage.s3.amazonaws.com/docker/deployment/docker-deployment-3.0.tar.gz
$ tar -zxf docker-deployment-3.0.tar.gz
$ cd docker-deployment-3.0
- Copy profiles folder from docker-deployment-2.2 to docker-deployment-3.0
$ cp -r /opt/docker-deployment-2.2/profiles .
- Upgrade the Docker host
This will upgrade the deployment from 2.x to 3.x.
The servers will be taken down during upgrade.
Do you want to continue? [y/N] y
Shutting down the cluster...
Checking for newer version...
Congratulation! You're running the latest version of qTest
- Start the Docker host
Add Insights 2.0(License must include Insights)
We will need to update your qTest configuration to include the insights insightslb and insightsscheduler components.
- From the root of your docker-deployment-3.0 directory we will edit the default.in configuration file :
$ cd /opt/qTest/docker-deployment-3.0/profiles
$ cp default.in default.in.bak
$ vim default.in
- If you previously used Insights 1.0 replace qmap qmapweb qmaplb with insights insightslb insightsscheduler, if you did not use Insights 1.0 simply append insights insightslb insightsscheduler to the end of your apps configuration as shown in the example below(your apps configuration may differ based on your license).
apps='redis rabbitmq postgres qtest qtestlb sessions sessionslb insights insightslb insightsscheduler'
- Now we need to run the configure script to apply the configuration updates, do not supply any arguments to the script.
$ cd /opt/qTest/docker-deployment-3.0
Generating 'default' configuration file...
Old 'default' configuration file found
Delete the old file without making backup
- Now use the shutdown and startup scripts to restart qTest
Configure qTest Insights
- Login to your qTest using a site admin account. Access to site administration section
- Select tab System Configuration
- In Insights section, update qTest Insights URL.
- Once you have successfully saved your Insights URL you can now navigate back to one of your qTest projects on the main portal.
- To access Sessions or Insights please see the new navigation menu on the top right corner of the screen.