Please follow the steps below to create an integration of Feature/Scenario with qTest:
- Go to qTest Integration Settings, select your JIRA connection and configure it.
- Scroll down to the Feature/Scenario Integration section. Note: this section only appears on the JIRA configuration screen if your JIRA has an active qTest Scenario plugin.
- Activate the Feature/Scenario integration and create status mapping
- Click Add Project button and select your JIRA project from the drop down list
- Save & Activate your new update
- Click Retrieve Feature/Scenario button on the top of the section to retrieve Feature/Scenario of all JIRA projects in the list or you can retrieve Feature/Scenario of individual JIRA projects by clicking on Retrieve icon in Action column
Test cases imported from Scenario
- After Retrieving progress is executed successfully, you will see a new folder Imported From Scenario under Test design module.
- The Features in JIRA will be converted to Test cases in qTest.
- The Scenarios in JIRA will be converted to Test steps in qTest.
- Description and Test steps of the Test cases converted from Features are read-only.
- If a Feature is linked to a Story in JIRA which is retrieved to qTest as a Requirement, then the Test case (which is converted from that Feature) is also linked to the Requirement on qTest.
Test runs imported from Scenario
- After Retrieving progress is executed successfully, you will see new Test cycles and Test runs from Scenario under the Test execution module.
- Test suite: each day of execution will become a Test suite in qTest.
- Test cycle: each Host (in Progress Tracker report) will become a Test cycle in qTest.
- Release: user specifies the execution release in Maven (please refer to here), if the Release is not specified, Test runs will be put under Root.
- Test case version: each time a Feature in qTest Scenario is executed, if its content is changed (compare to the last execution); a baseline version of that Feature (including all scenario contents) will be created. Then that Feature version will become a test case version in qTest.