As a Site Administrator, you can import users from your authentication system to qTest or merge them with existing qTest users.
- Access to Site Administration. Click on Licenses - Users tab
- If there is at least one active connection to your authentication system (Eg: LDAP), Import Users button visible. Click on this button to open Import Users dialog
- On Import Users dialog, select one authentication system and then click on Retrieve users button. It will generate a list of users from your authentication system
- You can filter or search for specific users using any fields in the grid by entering text in text boxes in the first row of the grid
Note: Only the first 100 users that meet your search criteria are included in the search result
- Select any users from the list then click on Save button to import them to qTest
- Email field is required. If the information is available in LDAP server, it is populated to the field. Otherwise, you need to manually fill it in
- You cannot import a user with an email that already exists in qTest. You can select the checkbox "If qTest email already exists in qTest, merge the LDAP account to that qTest account." to overwrite the existing one
- If the number of imported users exceeds available licenses, you will be alerted and you cannot import the selected users
- Once the user is authenticated with an external authentication system, they can use either his their username in their authentication system or qTest email, together with their password in the authentication system to login to qTest
On Users List grid, you can find which external system is authenticating a user in Authentication System column. It will show Internal if the users is being authenticated by qTest.
Changing a user's authentication system
- On Users List grid, click on a user's authentication system
- Select another authentication system from the combo box
- Merge User dialog will be opened
- Select one of users from the grid to merge with the selected user
- Click on Save button
Synchronizing user data from external authentication systems to qTest
There is a daily automated job to sync users' status, first name and last name from external authentication systems to your qTest. However, you can manually kick the job by clicking on Sync User Data button.
- This job will archive users that are deleted in the authentication systems.
- If the user has changed his first and last name in qTest, the job will overwrite them with the data in his authentication system.