QAS Support Center
qTest Explorer & Sessions User Guides and Resources
qTest Explorer User Guide (Desktop)
- Click the Submit button on the qTest Explorer Editor's toolbar.
- The message dialog below is displayed if the default connection in the Settings form has some missing information.
Click OK to configure the connection.
Refer to the Configure Tracker Settings section for detailed information on integration setup
- If the connection has been set up successfully, the Submit to VersionOne form is displayed. Click on the radio box Create new defect to see a list of fields required to submit a new defect to VersionOne. You need to select, then enter the following information:
- Title of the defect
- Description of the defect
The "Project" field is a foundation field that drives the rest of the fields on the submission form. The foundation field is unlikely to change and its selection is automatically saved for subsequent use. Other fields are non-foundation fields and are configurable in Fields Settings form. You can also choose to display additional fields and set default values for these non-foundation fields in the Fields Settings form. Refer to Fields Settings for details.
You can also add more files to the tracker or embed existing files as links only on defect description section. Refer to Attachments for details
If you select the Connection Type as VersionOne Native then the VersionOne Native Submission Form would be displayed instead of the custom form above. Information such as description and steps will be populated automatically within the Native form
- Specify all other fields (if required) and then click the Submit button to proceed.
- You will see a confirmation message when the upload is complete.