Install and Configure your Automation Host
- Java version 1.7+ has been installed on your machine and JAVA_HOME environment variable has been configured before you run the tool.
- You will need to switch to Root user before executing the below steps.
After you have downloaded the debian file (qtest-automation-x.x.x.deb) to your machine, execute the following command:
# dpkg -i qtest-automation-1.0.0.deb
By default, the tool will use domain localhost and port 6789 when it is running. However, you can change the default values:
- Modify file /etc/default/qtest-automation.
- Change the value of AGENT_SERVER_PORT and specify your desired port number.
- Change the value of AGENT_SERVER_HOST and specify your desired domain name.
# vim /etc/default/qtest-automation
Verify status of qtest-automation service:
# invoke-rc.d qtest-automation status
If it is not running, start the service by the command below:
# invoke-rc.d qtest-automation start
Open your browser and access to the URL with the domain and port as you specified above (eg: localhost:6789). For the very first time, you will need to input the following information:
- Host Name: the displayed name of this host in your qTest application. For now, you will not be able to modify this field after registering.
- qTest URL: the URL to access to your qTest application.
- Full Name: the displayed name of your qTest account.
- qTest username and Password: the credentials to login to your qTest application.
- If a proxy server is being used, click on Configure Proxy and then enter its info so the agent is able to submit test results to your qTest instance
- Enable: select it in case a proxy is used
- Host (required): host name or IP address of the proxy server
- Port (required): port number of the proxy server
- Username and Password: you can specify the domain before your username
After you have done filling in the information, click on Register button to register the host in your qTest.
- It is strongly recommended that the account is granted with Create Test Cases and Execute Test Runs permissions.
On the next screen, you can see the status indicates that the Automation Host has been registered successfully. You can also modify the followings:
- Polling frequency: select how often your automation agents will poll qTest for new automation schedules.
- Automation frameworks: there is a plugin for each supported framework. You can freely download the framework your project is working on from the list by clicking on the Download icon.
- Automation Agents: you can create new agents or edit existing ones' configurations.
Click on Save button to save the host's configurations.
To verify if the host has been registered successfully in qTest:
- Login to your qTest application and access to any projects in which Automation Integration feature is activated.
- Click on Automation Settings and choose tab Schedules.
- You will see the list of registered Automation Host in the left panel.
- It is required that your qTest account is granted with Manage Project Settings permission to view registered host and agents' schedules in qTest.
Restart your Automation Host
# invoke-rc.d qtest-automation restart
Stop your Automation Host
# invoke-rc.d qtest-automation stop