While configuring Requirement retrieval from Rally to qTest, you can input a query to retrieve only the requirements which meet specific conditions.
To build a Rally query, follow the steps below:
- From Rally, define a new custom view of User Stories or select an existing one.
- Copy the custom view’s conditions. Only select the text before "Sorted" as the image below.
- Replace the field’s display name by its system name. Click on Rally field name lookup link to view the mapping between display names and system names.
- Date time values need converting to UTC and reformatting to the correct form: yyyy-mm-dd’T’hh:mm:ss’Z’. Eg: 2013-12-31T00:00:00Z
- You cannot create a query with Release and Iteration names. Please use their Object ID in the query.
- The syntax is: Release.ObjectID = [Release ID] or Iteration.ObjectID = [Iteration ID]
- To get the object ID of a Release/Iteration: 1) Access to its detailed page in Rally. 2) From the URL, the last string of numbers is the Object ID
- For example: Release.ObjectID = 6039563204
- You will need to append time values (Eg: 00:00:00Z) to the end of date values.
- For example, the conditions (Name contains US) AND (Creation Date >= 2013-Dec-31) will be re-written as (Name contains US) AND (CreationDate >= 2013-12-31T00:00:00Z).
- Fill in the query. Click on Check Syntax button to make sure your query is correct.