Submitting defects to VersionOne OnDemand
For Integration with external Defect Tracking Systems, the only way to submit defects is through qTest Test Execution.
You can submit defects to V1 from qTest during Test Execution or from Test Log.
- Click Bug icon linked to Test Steps or Submit Defect linked to a Test Run in Test Pad
- You can also click on the Bug icon in Execution History and Test Log Details sections to create defects.
- Click New button to create a new Defect
- Select one of configured V1 object types to submit Defect
. Mapped Project will be attached before Defect Type and auto displayed in Project drop-down list, corresponding to the selected Defect Type.
- The Defect Submission form will be loaded.
- System will return Defect ID with Summary from Rally attached to the Bug icon.
- An object in V1 has 2 different types of ID: the display ID and the OID. Those ID are displayed in qTest as below:
- From V1, you can see the link to qTest Test Run in Link section of the defect.
- You can download the browser plugins for the supported browsers from qTest Resources page.