Configuring Defects Integration with VersionOne OnDemand
After you successfully set up the connection with your V1 OnDemand instance, you can set up defect integration.
- You can set Integration with multiple V1 projects.
- You can select multiple V1 object types to map as qTest Defects.
- qTest requires you to have at least one project and object type selected.
- Mapped V1 objects will be treated as Defects in qTest.
To configure Defects Integration with V1
- Go to Configure Connection screen after successul Connection Set-up
- In the Defect Integration, click Add Defect Type
- Select VersionOne Project and VersionOne Object type from the drop-down lists.
- In Action column of Defect Integration's Mapping list, click Configure icon to configure individual mapped Defects
- The Edit Auto-Filling form displays. By default, qTest will load all available fields of the mapped V1 object type onto Defect Field column.
- Click Reset Fields button to reload latest Field Settings of the mapped object type.
- Click Repopulate icon in Action column of each Defect field to reload latest values of individual fields from V1.
- Click Delete icon to remove display of specific fields from qTest defect submission form. Those deleted fields are still on V1 form.
- Click Move Up and Down arrows to re-arrange display of defect fields in qTest defect submission form. Their positions remain unchanged in V1 form.
- Click Add Field button to manually add fields that can't be automatically populated from V1 to qTest.
- Set Auto-Filling for mapped V1 object type's fields. qTest will auto-fill data from Test Run or Test Case into mapped V1 object's field as settings
- Select a defect field to open the Edit Field Screen.
- Edit the field as your own style, such as required or field type.
- Check Auto Fill option in Input Option or you can set Default Value for field.
- Click Add button to add field for mapping
- Click Drop-down button to select qTest field to map to V1 field.
- Click OK button to finish your mapping configuration.
- The values of mapped input and output fields must be symmetric between V1 and qTest.
- Only fields in Text format can be auto-filled.
- You can select to fill multiple qTest fields into one V1 field.