Submitting defects to Rally OnDemand
For Integration with external Defect Tracking Systems, the only way to submit defects is through qTest Test Execution.
You can submit defects to Rally from qTest during Test Execution or from Test Log.
- Click Bug icon linked to Test Steps or Submit Defect linked to a Test Run in Test Pad
- You can also click on the Bug icon in Execution History and Test Log Details sections to create defects.
- Click New button to create a new Defect
- Select one of configured Rally projects to submit Defect
Mapped Project will be attached before Defect Type and auto displayed in Project drop-down list, corresponding to the selected Defect Type.
- The Defect Submission form will be loaded.
Important: When submitting a defect, 2 windows/tabs will be opened: the dashboard and the defect submission form. Please do not close the first one. If it is closed, the defect is still submitted successfully but it will not be linked to the corresponding Test Run and User Story.
- System will return Defect ID with Summary and latest Defect Status from Rally attached to the Bug icon.
- The following links will be displayed in the Defect page in Rally:
- The link to the corresponding Test Run in qTest is put in its Description field.
- Links to associated Rally's User Story and Test Case.
- You can download the browser plugins for the supported browsers from qTest Resources page.