Notes: if you are developing mobile application that target Android 6 or later that integrates with Mobile Explorer Agent, make sure you enable app permissions on Android 6.0+ devices when deploying your application to that Android device.
This section will show you how to integrate qTest Mobile Explorer Agent with your application on Android devices in Eclipse.
These are the steps that you need to follow:
Currently, we only support the following environments
Check all required components to install and click Finish.
Step 1: Download Mobile Explorer Agent
In the first step, you need to download the Mobile Explorer Agent from HERE
Step 2: Add Mobile Explorer Agent to your project
- Extract “Mobile_eXplorer_Agent_Eclipse.zip” archive file. You will get Mobile_eXplorer_Agent_Eclipse folder.
- Import AGENT to eclipse workspace:
- Click File/Import… -> A popup window will show.
- Choose "Existing Android Code to Workspace" and press Next -> Explore to choose Mobile_Explorer_Agent_Eclipse folder -> OK
- Press Finish to complete import Mobile_eXplorer_Agent_Eclipse.
- You can see Mobile_eXplorer_Agent_Eclipse in Package Explorer panel.
- Convert your project to AspectJ project:
- Right click on your project, choose Configure -> Convert to AspectJ Project
- Add Mobile Explorer as your library project:
- Right click on project and choose Properties. A popup window will show:
- Choose Android in left panel -> press Add… button
- Choose Mobile_eXplorer_Agent_Eclipse in popup window and press OK.
- Choose AspectJ Build in left panel
- Press Add JARs… button. It will show:
- Select mexplorer_agent.jar in Mobile_eXplorer_Agent_Eclipse/libs -> OK
- Choose Java Build Path in left panel Order and Export. Check on AspectJ Library Runtime.
- Modify AndroidManifest.xml
- Set NDK location
- Open Eclipse Preferences. On Mac Choose Eclipse -> Preferences
- Choose Android -> NDK -> if you does not set NDK location click to Browse… button -> Select NDK folder in your local drive, otherwise skip this step.
Step 3: Enable Mobile Explorer Agent on your app
- Copy and change Mobile Explorer configuration
- Copy all files in Mobile_eXplorer_Agent_Eclipse/assets to [Your Project]/assets folder. If your project does not have assets folder, you have to create it.
- Configure Mobile Explorer Settings
Step 4: Build and Release your application
Now you finish integrating Mobile Explorer into your testing application, please build and run.