Retrieving Requirements from JIRA
A. Configure Requirement Integration with JIRA
The Requirement Integration works in the same way for both JIRA OnDemand and Local Jira. Users can optionally turn on Requirement Integration to retrieve JIRA issues and import into qTest as Requirements.
To specify JIRA issues types to be retrieved as qTest requirements, follow steps below:
- Turn on the Activation of Requirement Integration feature
- Click Add Requirement Type button
- Select JIRA projects and issue types to retrieve. Mapped Jira issue types from selected Jira projects will be imported into qTest as Requirements.
- Click Configure icon to open Edit Data Retrieval screen and configure for each JIRA issue type on.
- On Edit Data Retrieval screen, qTest displays all JIRA's issue fields of your selected type. You can:
- Select to retrieve get data from All JIRA issues or from JIRA Filter only. In order to populate the Filters to qTest, they need to be shared with the account which is used to configured the connection and this account needs to mark them as his Favorite filters.
- Select 1 or 2 fields to organize imported Requirements: When selected, qTest will organize requirements by this field value into child folders below the standard "Imported from JIRA" folder. If an option is also selected for field 2, qTest will create yet another level of child folders below the field 1 folders following this same logic.
- Check Active for JIRA's issue fields you want to display on qTest's Requirement's in JIRA's Properties section
- Click Refresh Fields Setting button to reload the latest field configuration from your JIRA instance.
- You can retrieve either data of all JIRA issue types or specific types you map
- Click Retrieve JIRA Data button to populate the latest data of all mapped JIRA issue types.
- Click Re-Populate icon to get the latest data of specific mapped JIRA issue type.
- In specific imported Jira issue in qTest Requirements, click Retrieve data to reload the latest data of that Jira issue
B. Viewing mapped JIRA issues on qTest Requirement
If you activate the Requirement integration feature, qTest will constantly send requests to your JIRA instance to retrieve data of the mapped JIRA issue types.
Imported Jira's issues will be treated as Requirements in qTest. By default, these integrated requirements will be loaded into a common Module folder named "Imported from JIRA" as below
On Requirements tree, their JIRA IDs are displayed instead of qTest IDs.
- Imported Jira's issues are represented by special integration icons ,to differ from internal qTest Requirements .
- An imported Jira's issue has 2 Properties sections: Jira's Properties and qTest's Properties
- Jira's Properties contain Active Jira's issue fields configured in Edit Data Retrieval screen. These Properties are Read-only. qTest Properties contain all qTest Requirement's fields, excluding Description.
- Currently, Jira's Properties' fields can be searched by free-text Search in qTest.
- You can query Jira by external ID and external Object Type of Jira issues.
- Imported Jira issues are Real-time updated. But you have to Re-select, Reload, or Refresh to get the updated data of Jira issues you're standing on.
- Imported Jira issues can be copied or moved across Modules within a qTest Project to re-organize Module Structure.
- Copied issues will become qTest Requirement which only retains Description of Jira issue.
- Moved issues' Properties will remain unchanged
- Imported Jira issues can be associated to qTest Test Cases
- Jira IDs of Imported issues will be included in Requirements and Test Execution Results Report
C. Linking qTest objects with Requirements imported from Jira
Imported Jira's issues can be linked to qTest Test Cases. The linking with qTest Test Cases will be generated in the corresponding Jira Issues's Links section.
- When you link or create associated Test Cases to an Imported Jira's issue, qTest also generates a link under the corresponding Jira issue.
- When you remove associated Test Cases in the imported Requirements, the corresponding issue links in Jira will also be removed.