Currently, you can create custom notification events for 4 artifacts in qTest, including: Requirement, Test Case, Test Run, Defect.
- Go to qTest Project Settings > Notification Settings
- Select an artifact - Requirement, Test Case, Test Run, or Defect you want to create a custom event for
- Click Add Event button to open a New Event screen with 2 tabs: Event and Template
- On the Event tab, you can set Notified fields and Notification Recipients
- Notified fields include system and custom fields whose changes will trigger notification. Different objects contain different notified fields.
- Recipients can be set for Assignee, object's creator, Subscribers or based on project user profiles.
- Check On Creation checkbox to trigger the event when object is created
- On the Template tab, you can create content of notification email:
- Enter your own content in Subject field and Content textbox
- Select Variables to insert into Subject field and Content textbox with your own content
- You can also format the content to display in the notification email
- Click OK button to finish event creation
- A stream of notification emails may be sent out upon your notification settings when you batch update or create objects:
- Batch Edit Requirements, Test Cases, Test Runs, and Defects
- Batch approve Test Cases
- Import Requirements, Test Cases, Automation Test Runs, and Defects
- You can check/uncheck option Send out notification emails in Batch Edit object screen to send out notification or not.