Accessing Field Settings page
To access Field Settings, first make sure you are inside the project you want to configure, then select Field Settings from the Project Settings drop-down menu.
Access to Field Settings
The Field Settings page displays with qTest Editable Artifacts. Each artifact has a number of system fields and can add up to 20 custom fields.
Field Settings Screen
Some key qTest concepts in the Field Settings page include:
- There are 6 qTest artifacts which allows users to create custom fields: Release, Build, Requirement, Test Case, Test Suite, Test Run and Defect
- Display Order: is the order of the fields when displaying in artifact's Properties section. Display priority will follow from left to right, then from top to bottom.
- Display Name: the name of system fields and custom fields displayed in artifact properties. You can change Display Name of any fields.
- Type: data type for field. Refer to System Fields and Custom Fields sections for what types of fields supported in qTest.
- Active: you can check/uncheck the Active check box corresponding to fields to display/hide them in artifact's properties. Some system fields that are bound to qTest's business rule will be grey out in Active column.
- Settings: allow you to reorder all fields in artifact's properties by using Move Up and Down icon. You can delete custom fields using Delete icon. System fields are undeletable.