Submitting defects to JIRA OnDemand
For Integration with external Defect Tracking Systems, such as Jira, the only way to submit defects is through qTest Test Execution.
You can submit defects to JIRA from qTest during Test Execution or from Test Log. Refer to Executing Test Run.
- Click Bug icon linked to Test Steps or Submit Defect linked to a Test Run in Test Pad
- Click New button to create a new Defect
- Select one of mapped Jira issue types to submit Defect
Mapped Project will be attached before Defect Type and auto displayed in Project drop-downlist, corresponding to the selected Defect Type.
- If type Subtask is selected, you are required to fill in the JIRA parent ID so qTest knows which issue is the parent of the sub task being logged. For the other issue types, parent ID should be left blank.
- The Defect Submission form will be loaded.
Defect fields will be auto-filled as configured
- System will return Defect ID with Summary and latest Defect Status from Jira attached to the Bug icon.
- From the linked defect's page in JIRA, you can find the link back to qTest Test Run, Test Case, and the JIRA Requirement.