qTest eXplorer Release Notes
Version 184.108.40.206 - Standalone Edition (Jun 12, 2014)
Copyright ©2014 QASymphonyLLC. (http://www.qasymphony.com)
qTest eXplorer – Standalone Edition is an application that is installed on a user’s desktop. Once it is active, the user can run to track and record actions performed on one or more applications running on the desktop.
This release notes summarizes new features, fixed bugs, known bugs and limitations of this release candidate.
2. New Features/Changes
- Automatically load custom field(s) into Field Settings screen from JIRA 5.x. It means that the user does not need to add custom field(s) manually as the previous versions of qTest eXplorer.
- Add more defects types (Bugzilla 4.x, JIRA 5.x and qTest 2.x) using REST API or new API version in defect trackers list.
3. Fixed Bugs
- Error when selecting “Update existing defect” option on JIRA if project has more than 1000 defects.
4. Known Bugs and Limitations
Below is the list of known limitations with external tracker integration and capability to capture specific frameworks.
- With Rally: Rally gets all users in Rally for Owner field. When submitting a defect to Rally if user selects the owner who doesn’t have permission on the selected project, Rally still submits defect successfully but the selected owner cannot view the defect on Rally.
- With FogBugz:
- qTest eXplorer cannot get custom fields from FogBugz.
- qTest eXplorer cannot set value for field “Notify More Users”. Hence, this field is excluded out of FogBugz defect submission.
- With HP Quality Center (HPQC):
- qTest eXplorer cannot submit defect with dependent field which is checked verify value.
- Parent field is not stayed on top of child field with dependent fields.
- qTest eXplorer only supports custom field dependency between dropdown – dropdown list.
- If setting dependency on qTest eXplorer is different from setting in HPQC, qTest eXplorer allows submitting defect to HPQC. In this case, if user views the defect on HPQC, value in dependent fields are not suitable with the settings in HPQC.
- With Bugzilla: Bugzilla does not support special characters.
- With VersionOne: qTest eXplorer does not support dependent fields.
- With TFS2010:
- qTest eXplorer displays “field name” instead of “display name” of the fields.
- qTest eXplorer cannot get “TreePath” control type. Currently, qTest eXplorer displays textbox for the fields with TreePath control type.
- With JIRA:
- qTest eXplorer cannot add custom field if JIRA’s version is earlier than v4.4.x.
- Capture engine
- WPF: Date Picker control – qTest eXplorer can capture step but it cannot capture image of DatePicker control on WinXP.
- WPF: Rich Text box control – qTest eXplorer cannot capture content in RichText box.
- MFC: Tab control – qTest eXplorer cannot capture tab name.
- WinForm: Picture box control – qTest eXplorer captures picture box control as “Click here”.
- SWT: ExpandBar control – qTest eXplorer captures expandbar control as “Click here”.
- SWT: Slider control – qTest eXplorer captures slider as “Click here”.
- Swing: SplitPane control – qTest eXplorer captures the control as “Click here”.
- Swing: Jtable control – qTest eXplorer cannot capture content.
- Extended monitor:
- Incorrect image captured when taskbar has two rows, a part of taskbar is included in the images.
- Capture console – qTest eXplorer cannot capture context menu & dialog on XP and Vista.
- qTest eXplorer captures entire text on notepad or text area.
- qTest eXplorer displays captured value in Chinese character when recording notepad++.
- Un-recognized UI controls will be captured with generic description such as ‘Click here’ or ‘Type here’.
- Note: To qTest eXplorer can recognize actions on controls of recorded application well, user needs to update package (see at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971513) for machine which runs Win XP and Vista.
- Cannot define hotkey with the following combinations:
- Only number (e.g.1, 2,..) or only letter (e.g. a, b,…)
- Alt + <key> (e.g. Alt + R)
- Alt + Shift + <key> (e.g. Alt + Shift + C)