qTest Explorer Release Notes
Version 220.127.116.11 – Integrated Edition (Aug 14, 2014)
Copyright ©2014 QASymphonyLLC. (http://www.qasymphony.com)
1. New Features/Changes
- qTest integrated improvement:
- Allow to submit defect for test log
- Apply color for status of test log / test step
- Count number of submitted defect(s) for test log / test step
- Changed Settings window:
2. Fixed Bug
- Crash qTest Explorer when selecting a screen that was appended and cropped in Screens tab
3. Known Bugs and Limitations
Below is the list of known limitations with external tracker integration and capability to capture specific frameworks.
- With qTest:
- Return 400 Bad Request error when submitting test case with attachment to qTest version 1.x
- Show 404 Not Found error when submitting defect to qTest version 1.x
- Not apply color of test execution status on Test Pad yet
- With Rally: Submitting a defect to Rally and users select a owner (from the list provided to Rally) who doesn’t have proper permission on the selected project, submission is valid and successful but the selected owner will not be able to view the defect on Rally.
- With FogBugz:
- Cannot retrieve custom fields from FogBugz.
- Cannot set value for field “Notify More Users” and this field is excluded from defect submission to FogBugz.
- With HP Quality Center (HPQC):
- Cannot submit defect with dependent fields that need to be verified.
- Parent fields are not stayed on top of child fields with dependent fields.
- Only supports custom fields’ dependency between dropdown – dropdown list.
- If dependency settings on qTest Explorer are different to settings in HPQC, the defect can be submitted to HPQC but the values in dependent fields are not exact as HPQC’s settings.
- With Bugzilla: Does not support special characters.
- With VersionOne: Does not support dependent fields.
- With TFS2010:
- Displays “field name” instead of “display name” of the fields.
- Cannot get “TreePath” control type. The textbox for the fields with TreePath control type is displayed instead.
- With JIRA:
- Cannot add custom field if JIRA’s version is earlier than v4.4.x.
- Capture engine
- The Control Panel in the Dependent mode only supports the capture mode of Session.
- jQuery: Do not recognize any controls on IE8 – Windows Vista
- WPF: Date Picker control – Can capture steps but not image of DatePicker control on WinXP.
- WPF: Rich Text box control – Cannot capture content in RichText box.
- MFC: Tab control – Cannot capture tab name.
- WinForm: Picture box control – Captures picture box control as “Click here”.
- SWT: ExpandBar control – Captures expandbar control as “Click here”.
- SWT: Slider control – Captures slider as “Click here”.
- Swing: SplitPane control – Captures the control as “Click here”.
- Swing: Jtable control – Cannot capture content.
- Extended monitor:
- Incorrect image captured when taskbar has two rows, a part of taskbar is included in the images.
- Capture console – Cannot capture context menu & dialog on XP and Vista.
- Captures entire text on notepad or text area
- Displays captured value in Chinese character when recording notepad ++
- Un-recognized UI controls will be captured with generic description such as ‘Click here’ or ‘Type here’.
- Note: For qTest Explorer to recognize actions on controls of recorded application properly, user should install the update package from Microsoft (more details at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971513) for Win XP and Vista.
- Cannot define hotkey with the following combinations:
- Only number (e.g.1, 2…) or only letter (e.g. a, b…)
- Alt + <key> (e.g. Alt + R)
- Alt + Shift + <key> (e.g. Alt + Shift + C)