- This is the instruction to upgrade qTest Sessions v3.0.1, v3.0.2, v3.0.3, v3.0.4 to v.3.0.9
- If you are using older versions, you will need to upgrade to qTest Sessions 3.0.x first before proceeding to our latest versions
- qTest Sessions v3.0.9 only works with qTest Manager v8.4+
Before you begin
Upgrade qTest Sessions
1. Stop qTest Sessions service
Make sure qTest Sessions is not running by right clicking on qTest Sessions icon in system tray then go to qTest Session Service - Running menu group and select Stop menu item
2. Upgrade qTest Sessions database to PostgreSQL 9.5
Follow this instruction https://support.qasymphony.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002398166-0-Upgrade-PostgreSQL-to-9-5-on-Windows to upgrade qTest Sessions database managed by PostgreSQL 9.4 to PostgreSQL 9.5.
When you are done, proceed to the next step.
3. Upgrade qTest Sessions
- Click download qTest Sessions 3.0.9. Once download completes, double click on the downloaded installer to start the update wizard.
- Click the Next button. The installer will start to extract files.
- After the files are extracted, you will be allowed to specify web server ports for qTest Sessions
By default, the Configuration Wizard indicates 4 port numbers used by previous installation of qTest Sessions for HTTP, Admin, AJP and HTTPS ports. However, you can freely define your own ports depending on security rules of your network by selecting Use custom ports
- Please make sure the ports you selected above are not blocked by your firewall
- When specifying the port numbers, make sure the selected ports are all available and there are no other applications running on them. Follow this Check network ports to check your network ports
- If you are installing qTest Sessions on the same machine with qTest Manager, a best practice is to select Use custom ports option then specify the port numbers that are not occupied by qTest Manager instance.
In the next screen, you will have an option to enable a secured connection (HTTPS) between users’ browsers and qTest Session servers.
If you have an existing certificate, you need to specify the locations of the Certificate file and the Private Key file by clicking on the Browse button.
You can optionally provide your Chain Certificate, which is your certification authority's certificate.
Again the configuration wizard will automatically select the options that you have chosen in previous installation.
- If you're enabling secure connection but using a self-signed certificate, beware that the first time you access to qTest Sessions from a web browser, the web browser will show the security warning for the unsecured connection. You must accept the untrusted connection for the system to work properly
- Click Next, you are then required to configure the connection to your existing PostgreSQL database.
- You can select the checkbox to Reset data, and existing data in the database schema will be removed
- Click Next then you will be presented with a screen to configure Redis server.
- Next, you will configure the information of your Elasticsearch server. Make changes if you want to update the chosen configuration then click Next to continue.
- You may want to change the directory to store sessions data. Click Next to continue.
- Specify the URL and qTest Master Token to connect to your qTest Manager instance. Click Next to continue
- Your qTest Manager instance must be running
- The port must be included in the URL: http://[qTest_Manager_IP_Address]:[HTTP_Port] or http://[qTest_Manager_Domain_Name]:[HTTP_Port]
- If your qTest Manager is using SSL, you need to input the URL with HTTPS protocol and HTTPS port. For example: https://[qTest_Manager_IP_Address]:8443 or https://[qTest_Manager_Domain_Name]:8443
- Go to Get qTest Master Token for instructions to get your qTest Master Token
- After you have input all required information and click on Next button, the wizard starts to configure qTest Sessions
- After this process is done, you will be directed to the final information screen, where you can review all the installed components and their settings
- Click Finish to exit the installation wizard
Next, access to qTest Manager site and navigate to qTest Sessions to verify that the upgrade process has been completed successfully.